100 years of history

100 years of history

© OSA

 

The Organisation of the Swiss Abroad (OSA) was founded in 1916 in the middle of a world war under the aegis of the New Helvetic Society which was itself only established two years earlier. One of its main objectives was to forge closer links between the Swiss Abroad and their homeland and to allow them to take part in national life to a greater extent. This initiative aimed at supporting the Swiss Abroad was initially based around New Helvetic Society groups set up abroad by the main Swiss communities around the world. However, shortly after the end of the war in 1919, a permanent OSA secretariat was opened in Geneva. It relocated to Fribourg in 1923. This secretariat moved again in 1928, this time to the capital of Berne where it has been since May 1957 at Alpenstrasse 26.

 

  

 

 

Event partners:

Switzerland Tourism Swiss Care Lotteriefonds Kanton Bern Area of the Swiss Abroad Terre des Hommes Burgergemeinde Bern FDFA swissinfo.ch people2power Swiss Post Swiss Path Swiss Travel System City of Bern City of Bern Pro Patria Canton of Bern Swisscom iO soliswiss Zürcher Kantonalbank

 

 

 

Follow the centenary year on the social networks:

SwissCommunity.orgSwissCommunity.org on FacebookSwissCommunity.org on TwitterSwissCommunity.org on YouTube